If you are living with CMC Thumb Arthritis you may already know that finding the right thumb brace can make a world of difference in reducing pain and improving movement. However, with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. From soft fabrics to molded plastics, how do you narrow down your options to choose the right one? That’s why we’ve done the work for you. Check out our list of the top 5 thumb braces for CMC Thumb Arthritis below.
CMC Joint Arthritis can vary in severity and hinder your daily activities. Wearing a brace is an effective way to manage this condition and reduce pain, while also slowing down the progression of arthritis. Depending on your needs, you may want a more flexible brace for everyday activities such as cooking, doing yoga or playing sports and extra support at night to rest your thumb. Consider purchasing two braces, one for daytime use and one for nighttime use.
Top 5 Thumb Braces for CMC Thumb Arthritis
Let’s take a look at the top thumb braces for CMC Thumb Arthritis: (In no particular order)
1. CMCcare Thumb Brace By Basko
Provides excellent targeted support to the base of your thumb to relieve pain, without limiting motion
- Adjustable straps provide a custom fit that molds comfortably to your hand
- Lightweight and waterproof It can be worn under gloves and in water
- Removeable & replaceable straps can be adjusted from either end
- Available in 3 sizes – Small, Med & Large
Pros: Thoughtfully designed with adjustable and replaceable straps, allowing you to customize your level of support and easily swap them out for a fresh strap when needed. The CMCcare brace comes with one additional replacement strap and two interchangeable closure tabs for added convenience.
Cons: While this brace is perfect for most users, it’s worth noting that individuals with severe arthritis and bony changes may require adjustments from a healthcare professional who specializes in fitting splints.
2. Fix Comfort Thumb Brace By Orliman
Fully cushioned thumb brace provides firm support that extends just below the wrist, to allow rest and reduce your pain from CMC Thumb Arthritis
- Provides superior comfort with soft edges and 3-layers of sponge, foam and a velour interior
- Breathable “air holes” help keep hands dry & fabric clean
- Light metal frame can easily be shaped to your hand for optimal support
- Adjustable sizing – fits either right or left hand
- Two Sizes Fit Most Hands
Pros: Open palm design provides full movement for fingers while holding thumb in place
Cons: Two sizes may not fit large or very small hands or forearms; not waterproof
Fully adjustable soft brace lets you decide how much compression and support you need to relieve your thumb arthritis pain
- Fully adjustable wrap-around straps attach anywhere on the brace to give you the right amount of support and comfort for your level of activity
- Stretch-memory material conforms to your hand and thumb so fingers are free to move
- Latex-free material is breathable and water repellent and the binding around the brace eliminates fraying for long lasting wear
- Available in 3 sizes – Small, Med & Large
Pros: Delivers a custom fit with fully adjustable straps, cushioned stretch-memory material for comfort and a removeable stay for added thumb support.
Cons: Not available in youth or x-large sizes
4. Comfort Cool Thumb Restriction
Provides gentle compression that helps relieve thumb discomfort associated with CMC joint arthritis
- Supports the thumb CMC joint while allowing full finger function
- Contoured strap wraps around the thumb and the first metacarpal for direct support
- Neoprene with terry cloth liner helps keep skin cool and comfortable
- Reinforced stitching allows the splint to be trimmed below the thumb MP joint if desired
- Available in 9 sizes for each hand
Pros: Available in Plus sizes – which are a half size bigger in the hand and a full size larger in thumb to accommodate enlarged thumb conditions
Cons: Neoprene fabric tends to be bulky and the brace and straps attach to velcro tabs which can limit the adjustability
5. Push Metagrip
Discreet and durable thumb brace provides relief from CMC osteoarthritis pain and optimizes function
- Full palmar support and double straps maximize stability
- Embedded metal insert offers a custom fit
- Provides CMC stability without impeding other joint movement
- Provides long term durability, resisting abrasion
- Available in 3 sizes – 1 through 3
Pros: The brace supports the base joint of the thumb without hindering you from most daily activities
Cons: Velcro straps are not removeable or replaceable if they get wet or worn; the brace crosses the palm which may make it harder to hold things in your hand
Taking care of your CMC Thumb Arthritis is important and finding the right thumb brace can make a huge difference in improving your condition. While it’s always recommended that you consult with your health care provider before beginning any treatment, we hope this list provides helpful information to assist you in finding the best thumb brace for you.Like what you’ve read? Click here to subscribe to the blog!
Have a Minute? Watch our Thumb Brace Videos!
See Our Full Line of Thumb Arthritis Braces
Click on the image below
Our blogs are educational in nature and are not intended as a substitute for medical advice. Because your condition is unique to you, it is recommended that you consult with your health care provider before attempting any medical or therapeutic treatments. We are always happy to answer questions about products mentioned in our blogs, however, we cannot provide a diagnosis or medical advice.