Oval-8 Finger Splints can:
- Rest a painful or stiff finger joint by limiting bending or stop motion completely when two splints are worn on the top and bottom of the joint.
- Limit excessive motion, especially in joints that bend backwards beyond the normal range of motion. A key example of this is limiting the middle or PIP joint from bending backwards after injury or to correct a Swan Neck Deformity.
- Maintain proper positioning to allow a tendon injury or fracture to heal. In a Mallet Finger for example, the Oval-8 holds the end joint straight to protect the healing tendon and bone.
- Limit extremes of motion without limiting function. An example is wearing an Oval-8 to block the final degrees of bending to prevent the sticking experienced with Trigger Finger.
- Help straighten a crooked joint while it is still flexible and before a severe deformity develops. For persons whose middle or end joints are enlarged or twisting due to arthritic nodules or bumps, using an Oval-8 early in the process will help keep the joint straight and hopefully lessen the progression of deformity.
- Position and support a joint to improve function. For children or adults who have difficulty stabilizing the thumb when holding a pen or utensil, the Oval-8 helps keep the end joint (IP joint) of the thumb in a corrected position.
- Accommodate a slight increase or decrease in swelling or fluid retention. Each Oval-8 splint fits a slightly smaller full size and a slightly larger size and a half. A simple turn of the splint makes the Oval-8 splints quickly adjustable for changes in finger volume.
Download Our Oval-8 eBook to learn how to treat your finger condition – Click Here
Oval-8 Finger Splints cannot:
- Straighten out a fixed contracture or deformity. An Oval-8 splint cannot fix a joint that cannot be straightened by stretching it out.
- Fit a contracture or deformity greater than 20 degrees. While an Oval-8 can be adjusted to fit a slightly crooked finger, if the knuckle is bent beyond 20 degrees, an Oval-8 splint is not an appropriate choice.
- Cure arthritis or other conditions. An Oval-8 may help prevent progression of a deformity and rest a joint to help reduce inflammation, swelling and pain, but it will not affect the underlying disease process.
- Cause skin reactions. Oval-8 splints are made from inert polypropylene plastic. They contain no latex. The open design keeps skin clean and they do not need to be removed when washing or bathing.
- Draw attention to a problem. The neutral tone Oval-8 splints are designed to be nearly invisible so even if you are wearing several splints at a time, you will not hear – “oh my, what happened to your hand?”
- Break your bank account. Oval-8 splints are highly affordable, will last a lifetime or at least until you lose them, and can be purchased in bulk quantities so you always have the size needed and extras just in case.
Watch Our Video
Looking for More Information on Oval-8 Finger Splints?
Click on the image below