It turns out that gloves are good for far more than simply keeping your hands warm on a cold day. Chronic skin and hand conditions can cause discomfort and pain and make every day activities like getting dressed or fixing breakfast difficult. There are gloves that provide compression and gloves that provide warmth. If you have skin problems such as Vitiligo, Psoriasis, Eczema, Dermatitis or Scleroderma, you may want to consider gloves for skin and hand conditions that offer skin protection along with compression and warmth.
Gloves for Skin And Hand Conditions
Important features to look for in gloves for skin and hand conditions include:
- Comfortable, breathable fabrics that stretch for a conforming fit
- Style options that offer the coverage and dexterity you need to use your hands without removing your gloves
- Sun protection factor of 50+UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) or greater
- Fabrics that block 98% of the UV radiation from sunlight
One line of protective gloves that clicks off all these features is the Protexglove line. Made with a unique blend of Supplex® nylon and Lycra®, Protexgloves are form fitting, lightweight and durable. 50+ UVA and UVB sun protection is knitted right into the cutting edge fabric so it will never wash away. Best of all, the material is extra soft so these gloves are comfortable to wear all day or all night without fear of skin irritation or reaction.
Protexgloves are available in several styles and with or without silicone oval grips to provide you with a more secure grip.
- The Protexgloves Original go from your fingertips to the middle of your forearm for full hand and wrist protection. They apply light compression and help keep your hands warm, clean and comfortable.
- By adding small silicone ovals in the palm of the Original style, the Protexgloves Grip help improve your grip strength. The ovals are woven into the fabric so they will not peel off or come off in the wash.
- The Protexglove eglove is made with a black diamond pattern on the palm and fingers for superior grip strength and full sensitivity on any touch screen
Wearing gloves to protect your hands from irritants, the sun and to minimize the effects of Psoriasis, Dermatitis, Scleroderma and Eczema is easy and comfortable with the right gloves.Like what you’ve read? Click here to subscribe to the blog!
Looking for More Information on Protective Gloves?
Click on the image below
Our blogs are educational in nature and are not intended as a substitute for medical advice. Because your condition is unique to you, it is recommended that you consult with your health care provider before attempting any medical or therapeutic treatments. We are always happy to answer questions about products mentioned in our blogs, however, we cannot provide a diagnosis or medical advice.